“During my dental school education in Chapel Hill, I soon realized that the health care professions were going to be my goal. Periodontic specialization has been the most effective way for me to make a difference in my patients’ quality of life.
Our guiding philosophy of practice is to treat our patients as we would like to be treated. So, to achieve that goal, we apply our clinical experience, care, skill and judgement using the latest innovations in technology. Our special field of interest is in soft tissue grafting and reconstruction for esthetic areas with dental implants.” -Dr. Steve Wallace
Dr. Wallace is a native North Carolinian. He received his B.S. in pharmacy and D.D.S. degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he served as clinical instructor in the School of Dentistry.
He received his Masters Degree with Honors in Periodontics from the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Wallace is an active member of the American Dental Association, North Carolina Society of Periodontists, International Society of Periodontal Plastic Surgeons, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, a Fellow in the American College of Dentists and Life Member of the American Academy of Periodontology.
Dr. Wallace is an active researcher and published author; his work has been published in the Journal of Periodontology, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Journal of Dental Research, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Journal of International Dentistry and the Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry.
He provides teaching courses for dental practitioners in areas of periodontal surgery, soft tissue grafting techniques and dental implant reconstruction. He is a guest speaker for the American Academy of Periodontology, American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, International Society of Periodontal Plastic Surgeons and the North Carolina Dental Society.
Professional Awards and Achievements
- Knudtzen Award for Outstanding Achievement from Delta Sigma Delta Professional Dental Fraternity
- Sturdivant Award for Excellence in Clinical Achievement, University of North Carolina Dental School Faculty
- American Academy of Periodontics Investigator Fellowship Award
- Graduated with Honors, Periodontics Residency Program, Medical University of South Carolina
- Scientific Investigator Fellowship Award from the American Academy of Periodontics
- President of the Wilmington Tri-County Dental Association
- Vice-President and Secretary of the North Carolina Society of Periodontics.
- Fellowship Member of the American College of Dentists
- Inducted into the International Society of Periodontal Perioplastic Surgeons
- Featured speaker at annual meeting of American Acadamy of Periodontists, American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, North Carolina Dental Society.
Current Academic Positions
- Visiting Faculty, Cape Fear Community College, School of Dental Hygiene
- Clinical Faculty East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine
- Clinical Faculty Medical University of South Carolina, Department of Stomatology, Division of Periodontics, Charleston South Carolina