Courses For Doctors
(If Graft Placement & Graft Design, and Treating Peri-implantitis classes are taken together on the same weekend tuition will be $3500)
(Please print, fill out the form and fax it to our office 910.343.9512)
2019 Course Dates
- January 19 Miami, FL
JW Marriott Marquis Miami
255 Biscayne Blvd Way
Miami, FL 33131
- April 27 Dallas, TX
The Westin Galleria Dallas
13340 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75240
- July 27 Chicago, IL
Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites
8500 W Bryn Mawr Ave.
Chicago IL 60631
- October 19 Charlotte, NC
The Westin Charlotte
601 South College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
ELIMINATING FREE GINGIVAL GRAFTS IN RECESSION GRAFTING SURGERY
Learning to treat recession with acellular dermis grafting can be a valuable addition to your practice skill set!
$1950 per course
$3500 for Both (back to back) Courses
$295 per course
$495 for both courses
Register For Course Online
This surgical technique is simpler and faster than difficult, tedious TUNNELING AND PIN-HOLE techniques. Soft tissue grafting for recession can be done without PALATE surgery. Acellular dermis has been shown to be equivalent or superior to connective tissue or free gingival grafts. Acellular dermis is an effective barrier membrane when used in socket preservation surgery and generates thick keratinized attachment around implants. Acellular dermis can be used to cover cervical caries lesions, avoiding class V restorations. Platelet-rich growth factors and Emdogain accelerate soft tissue healing, generate keratinized tissue, and produce predictable long-term root surface reattachment.
Course Objectives-In this course you will be able to
- Observe how coronally advanced flap surgery is faster and simpler than other techniques.
- Find that the instrumentation required is readily available from surgical suppliers.
- Recognize the high prevalence of recession defects in dental practice populations, adding new treatment to increase your practice productivity.
- Learn how to use acellular dermis to treat recession, gaining root coverage, keratinized gingiva and generate reattachment.
- Develop treatment plans with soft tissue grafts to achieve predictable results.
- Learn the principles for successful flap design, secure acellular dermis placement and soft tissue suturing with hands-on soft tissue model surgery.
- Diagnosis of types and classes of recession to accurately plan for treatment.
- Anticipation and prevention of complications in soft tissue grafting.
- Types of sutures and their characterictics for secure graft attachment and complete flap closure.
- Covering root caries with acellular dermis, avoiding class V composites.
- Benefits of using 1% metronidazole antibiotic gel to manage soft tissue healing complications.
- Key steps in successful soft tissue augmentation of implant sites with acellular dermis.
- Biologics platelet-rich growth factors (alpha-PRF) and enamel matrix derivative are essential in gaining root coverage and soft tissue reattachment.
- Live surgery videos with step-by-step narration of single-site and multiple-site soft tissue graft surgery.
- Key principles in generation of keratinized soft tissue attachment.
- Use of modified surgical technique to overcome the difficulties of molar recession graft coverage.
- Evidence basis for socket preservation grafting with acellular dermis barriers and growth factors.
- Effects of INFUSE (rhBMP-2) on bone regeneration and soft tissue healing.
- Importance of keratinized gingival tissue adjacent to implants and how to achieve it.
Everything Steve presents is clear, detailed and backed up by evidence-based literature. This is an excellent hands-on acellular dermis surgery course.
Dr. Wallace is a skilled teacher and superb clinician when it comes to soft tissue surgery. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in adding recession grafting with acellular dermis to their practice skill set.
Dr. Wallace is an excellent clinician and terrific presenter showing his original evidence-based clinical results. His ability to clearly pass on the knowledge base he has is a rare talent!
Dr. Wallace is an innovator in the periodontal plastic surgery field; he has multiple published studies in peer-reviewed journals and always presents evidence-backed technique and results. He is skilled at finding solutions to clinical problems and passes them along to doctors in his unique courses.