Courses For Doctors(If Thinking Outside The Palate and Treating Peri-implantitis classes are taken together on the same weekend tuition will be $3500)
Click Here To Register
(Please print, fill out the form and fax it to our office 910.343.9512)
2018 Course Dates8:00am - 5:00pm
- October 6 2018 Atlanta, GA
Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
866 W Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
2019 Course Dates
January 19 Miami, FL
JW Marriott Marquis Miami
255 Biscayne Blvd Way
Miami, FL 33131
- April 27 Dallas, TX
The Westin Galleria Dallas
13340 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75240
July 27 Chicago, IL
RENAISSANCE CHICAGO O'HARE SUITES
8500 W Bryn Mawr Ave.
Chicago IL 60631
October 19 Charlotte, NC
The Westin Charlotte
601 South College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
GRAFTS: THINKING OUTSIDE THE PALATE
SIMPLIFIED RECESSION GRAFTING
Learning to treat recession with acellular dermis grafting can be a valuable addition to your practice skill set!
This surgical technique is simpler and faster than difficult, tedious TUNNELING AND PIN-HOLE techniques. Soft tissue grafting for recession can be done without PALATE surgery. Acellular dermis has been shown to be equivalent or superior to connective tissue or free gingival grafts. Acellular dermis is an effective barrier membrane when used in socket preservation surgery and generates thick keratinized attachment around implants. Acellular dermis can be used to cover cervical caries lesions, avoiding class V restorations. Platelet-rich growth factors and Emdogain accelerate soft tissue healing, generate keratinized tissue, and produce predictable long-term root surface reattachment.
$1950 per course
$3500 for Both (back to back) Courses
$295 per course
$495 for both courses
Register For Course Online
Presented by: Steve Wallace, DDS MHS
Dr. Wallace recieved his B.S. in pharmacy and D.D.S. degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served on the restorative faculty in the School of Dentistry. He received his Master’s Degree with Honors in Periodontics from the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Wallace is an active member of the American Dental Association, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, a Fellow of the American College of Dentists, and Life Member of the American Academy of Periodontology. He has published original research in the Journal of Periodontology, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Journal of Dental Research, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Journal of International Dentistry and the Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry. Dr. Wallace presents lectures for professional groups, teaching institutions and national professional meetings.
Course Objectives-In this course you will be able to:
- See how much less complicated this technique is compared to “Pin-Hole” and tunneling.
- Recognize the high prevalence of recession defects in dental practice populations, adding new treatment to increase your practice productivity.
- Describe how to use acellular dermis to treat recession gaining root coverage, keratinized gingiva and generate reattachment.
- Develop treatment plans with soft tissue grafts to achieve predictable results.
- Learn the principles for successful flap design, acellular dermis placement and soft tissue suturing with hands-on soft tissue model surgery.
- Anticipation and prevention of complications in soft tissue grafting.
- Covering root caries with acellular dermis, avoiding class V composites.
- Using 1% metronidazole antibiotic gel to manage soft tissue healing complications.
- Learn the key steps in successful soft tissue augmentation of implant sites with acellular dermis.
- Role of new platelet-rich growth factors (alpha-PRF) and Emdogain in root coverage and soft tissue reattachment.
- Live surgery videos of single-site and multiple-site soft tissue graft surgery.
- Key principles in generation of soft tissue attachment.
- Use of modified surgical technique to overcome the difficulties of molar recession.
- Evidence basis for socket preservation grafting with acellular dermis barriers and growth factors.
- Effects of INFUSE (rhBMP-2) on soft tissue healing.
- Importance of keratinized gingiva adjacent to implants and how to achieve it.
Everything Dr. Wallace presents is clear, detailed and backed up by evidence-based literature. This is an excellent hands-on acellular dermis surgery course.
~ Dr. Mike Pikos, Pikos Implant Institute
Dr. Wallace is a skilled teacher and superb clinician when it comes to soft tissue surgery. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in adding recession grafting with acellular dermis to their practice skill set.
~ Dr. John Russo, Assistant Clinical Professor, Medical University of South Carolina
This was the first course that gave me the information and technique to enable me to go back to my practice and start treating recession sites immediately! I would recommend this course to all my colleagues interested in adding recession graft surgery to their practice.
~ Dr. Zahir Khokhar, Periodontist-Prosthodontist specialist