Courses For Doctors(If Thinking Outside The Palate and Treating Peri-implantitis classes are taken together on the same weekend tuition will be $3500)
Click Here To Register
(Please print, fill out the form and fax it to our office 910.343.9512)
- December 2nd: Miami, FL
Pullman Miami Airport
5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami Fl 33126
2018 Course Dates
- February 10: Dallas , TX
Dallas 13340 Dallas Pkwy Dallas TX 75240
- March 24 Chicago, IL
Chicago Renaissance O’Hare Suites Hotels
8500 West Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago IL 60631
- May 19 Charlotte, NC
The Westin Charlotte
601 S Collee Street Charlotte NC 28202
- October 6 2018 Atlanta...TBD
GRAFTS: THINKING OUTSIDE THE PALATE
Learning to treat recession with acellular dermis grafting can be a valuable addition to your practice skill set!
This surgical technique is simpler and faster than difficult, tedious TUNNELING AND PIN-HOLE techniques. Soft tissue grafting for recession can be done without PALATE surgery. Acellular dermis has been shown to be equivalent or superior to connective tissue or free gingival grafts. Acellular dermis is an effective barrier membrane when used in socket preservation surgery and generates thick keratinized attachment around implants. Acellular dermis can be used to cover cervical caries lesions, avoiding class V restorations. Platelet-rich growth factors and Emdogain accelerate soft tissue healing, generate keratinized tissue, and produce predictable long-term root surface reattachment.
Presented by: Steve Wallace, DDS MHS
Dr. Wallace received his B.S. in pharmacy and D.D.S. degrees at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and was a faculty member of the U.N.C. Dental School. He received his Master’s Degree with Honors in Periodontics from the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Wallace is an active member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and the American Academy of Periodontology. He has published original research in the the Journal of Periodontology, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Journal of Dental Research, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Journal of International Dentistry and the Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry on recession grafting surgery and bone regeneration. Dr. Wallace lectures at teaching institutions and teaches surgery courses for doctors across the U.S. and in foreign countries.
EVIDENCE-BASED COURSE OBJECTIVES:
Acellular Dermis Application in Treating Recession Defects
- See how much less complicated this technique is compared to “Pin-Hole” and tunneling.
- Recognize the prevalence of recession defects in dental practice populations.
- Review anatomy, biology and blood supply of gingival tissue.
- Describe how to choose and use acellular dermis to treat recession sites gaining root coverage, keratinized gingiva and generating reattachment.
- Develop treatment plans with soft tissue grafts to achieve predictable results.
- Learn the principles for successful flap design, acellular dermis placement and soft tissue suturing with hands-on soft tissue model surgery.
- Learn how to cover root caries with acelluar dermis, avoiding class V composites.
- Enable you to anticipate and prevent complications in soft tissue grafting.
- See how metronidazole antibiotic gel is used in management of soft tissue healing complications.
- Learn the key steps in successful soft tissue augmentation of implant sites with acellular dermis.
- Understand the value of platelet-rich growth factors and Emodogain in root coverage grafting and soft tissue reattachment.
- Observe live surger videos of single-site and multiple-site soft tissue graft surgery.
ACELLULAR DERMIS APPLICATION IN SOCKET PRESERVATION REPAIR OF IMPLANT SOFT TISSUE DEFECTS
Everything Dr. Wallace presents is clear, detailed and backed up by evidence-based literature. This is an excellent hands-on acellular dermis surgery course.
~ Dr. Mike Pikos, Pikos Implant Institute
Dr. Wallace is a skilled teacher and superb clinician when it comes to soft tissue surgery. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in adding recession grafting with acellular dermis to their practice skill set.
~ Dr. John Russo, Assistant Clinical Professor, Medical University of South Carolina
This was the first course that gave me the information and technique to enable me to go back to my practice and start treating recession sites immediately! I would recommend this course to all my colleagues interested in adding recession graft surgery to their practice.
~ Dr. Zahir Khokhar, Periodontist-Prosthodontist specialist