Courses For Doctors(If Thinking Outside The Palate and Treating Peri-implantitis classes are taken together on the same weekend tuition will be $3500)
Click Here To Register
(Please print, fill out the form and fax it to our office 910.343.9512)
- October 28th:
601 W. College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202 (704) 335-2024
- The course is 9 AM to 5 PM and includes:
continental breakfast, lunch, Powerpoint print-out color course manual, and certificate of attendance for 7 hours PACE/AGD
Tuition: $1950 for Doctors, $290 for Auxiliaries.
- February 9: Dallas, TX
Westin Galleria Dallas
13340 Dallas Pkwy Dallas TX 75240
- March 23: Chicago, IL
Chicago Renaissance O’Hare Suites Hotels
8500 West Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago IL 60631
- May 18: Charlotte, NC
The Westin Charlotte
601 S Collee Street Charlotte NC 28202
- October 5 Atlanta...TBD
TREATING PERI-IMPLANTITIS “THINKING OUTSIDE IMPLANT REPLACEMENT!”
Learn to treat PERI-IMPLANTITIS and prevent loss of implants
Eliminate infection and regain bone support. This will be the most important skill set you can incorporate into your implant practice.
Published statistics report 25% of all implants develop peri-mucositis or peri-implantitis!
This surgical technique is evidencebased, predictable and consistently successful. Your implant patients will appreciate your skill and ability in preventing loss of failing implants.
Presented by: Steve Wallace, DDS MHS
Dr. Wallace received his B.S. in pharmacy and D.D.S. degrees at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served on the faculty in the School of Dentistry. He received his Master’s Degree with Honors in Periodontics from the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Wallace is an active member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, a Fellow of the American College of Dentists, and member of the American Academ of Periodontology. He has published original research in the Journal of Periodontology, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Journal of Dental Research, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Journal of International Dentistry and the Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry. Dr. Wallace presents lectures for professional groups, teaching institutions and national professional meeting.
- Review the anatomy, biology and blood supply of gingival tissue adjacent to implants.
- Recognize the prevalence of periimplantitis infections.
- Observe the histology of gingival tissue reactions to titanium.
- Learn the mechanism of attachment of soft tissue and bone to implant surfaces.
- Understand the evidence based literature showing why peri-implantitis is a nonlinear infection phenomenon resulting in exponentially rapid bone destruction.
- Develop the ability to diagnose early signs and symptoms of peri-implantitis infection.
- Understand the characteristics that barrier membranes must exhibit to achieve guided bone regeneration around implants.
- Gain the skills to enable you to anticipate and prevent complications from surgical treatment of peri-implantitis.
- Learn the surgical techniques and principles successful flap design, membrane selection and stabilization.
- Flap design for passive soft tissue coverage of treated sites is critical to dependable surgical site coverage.
- Optimal barrier membrane choice takes into consideration handling characteristics, material composition, barrier thickness and resorption rate.
- Rationale is given for the correct choice of particulate allograft bone to enhance neogenesis with vertical gain of new supporting bone adjacent to implants.
- Blood Derived: PRF (platelet-rich fibrin)
- Recombinant Proteins: rhBMP-2, Enamel Matrix Derivative
- Biologic modifiers target new bone regeneration around implants and promote development of thick keratinized gingival tissue.
- Application of a new oral formulation of 1% metronidazole antibiotic gel prevents and treats soft tissue healing complications.
- Evidence-based research shows why there is a minimum biological width of bone required adjacent to implants, and you will learn how to achieve it predictably.