Courses For Doctors(If Thinking Outside The Palate and Treating Peri-implantitis classes are taken together on the same weekend tuition will be $3500)
Click Here To Register
(Please print, fill out the form and fax it to our office 910.343.9512)
- February 9: Dallas, TX
Westin Galleria Dallas
13340 Dallas Pkwy Dallas TX 75240
- March 23: Chicago, IL
Chicago Renaissance O’Hare Suites Hotels
8500 West Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago IL 60631
- May 18: Charlotte, NC
The Westin Charlotte
601 S Collee Street Charlotte NC 28202
- October 5 Atlanta, GA
Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
866 W Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
TREATING PERI-IMPLANTITIS “THINKING OUTSIDE IMPLANT REPLACEMENT!”
Learn to treat PERI-IMPLANTITIS and prevent loss of implants
Eliminate infection and regain bone support. This will be the most important skill set you can incorporate into your implant practice.
Published statistics report 25% of all implants develop peri-mucositis or peri-implantitis!
This surgical technique is evidencebased, predictable and consistently successful. Your implant patients will appreciate your skill and ability in preventing loss of failing implants. Tuition: $1950 per course
$3500 for Both (back to back) Courses
STAFF MEMBERS $295 per course
Presented by: Steve Wallace, DDS MHS
Dr. Wallace recieved his B.S. in pharmacy and D.D.S. degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served on the restorative faculty in the School of Dentistry. He received his Master’s Degree with Honors in Periodontics from the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Wallace is an active member of the American Dental Association, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, a Fellow of the American College of Dentists, and Life Member of the American Academy of Periodontology. He has published original research in the Journal of Periodontology, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, Implant Dentistry, Journal of Dental Research, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Journal of International Dentistry and the Journal of Implant and Advanced Clinical Dentistry. Dr. Wallace presents lectures for professional groups, teaching institutions and national professional meetings.
- Recognize the prevalence of peri-mucositis and peri-implantitis infections.
- Observe the histology of gingival tissue reactions to contaminated titanium particles.
- Review the mechanism of attachment of soft tissue and bone to implant surfaces.
- Understand the evidence-based literature showing why peri-implantitis is a non-linear infection phenomenon resulting in an exponentially rapid bone destruction.
- Develop the ability to diagnose early the symptoms of peri-implantitis infection.
- Understand the characteristics that barrier membranes must exhibit to achieve guided bone regeneration around implants.
- Gain skills to enable you to anticipate and prevent complications of peri-implantitis.
- Learn the surgical instruments, sutures, techniques and principles for successful flap design, membrane selection, bone graft preparation and stabilization of healing sites.
- Rationale is given for the correct choice of particulate allograft bone to enhance neogenesis with vertical gain of new supporting bone adjacent to implants
- You will learn effective flap design for passive soft tissue coverage of treated sites. This technique is shown to be critical to surgical site coverage.
- Optimal barrier membrane choice takes into consideration handling characteristics, material composition, barrier thickness and resorption rate.
Application of Biological Modifiers
- Blood Derived: newest alpha-PRF (platelet-rich fibrin) Recombinant Proteins: rhBMP-2
- Porcine Derived: Enamel Matrix Derivative
- Biologic modifiers target new bone regeneration around implants and promote development of thick keratinized gingival tissue. This is the key to preventing peri-implantitis infection.
- Prevent and Treat Healing Complications: Observe the effectiveness of a specifically compounded oral formulation of 1% metronidazole antibiotic gel in preventing and treating healing complications.